As investor expectations climb, challenges threaten the U.S. Energy and Mining sector, including escalating costs and increased regulatory obligations.
The development and communication of strategic initiatives are among the most complex elements of strategic planning. Executives often face difficulties reaching a common understanding and concurrence on company priorities. However, by approaching strategic planning as an ongoing process executives can better align strategic initiatives and deliver their strategies.
- The client, a large Offshore Drilling Company, needed to get data from its daily drilling operations teams to the back office in a timely fashion
- Reliable and standardized production data was not being returned to the operations and finance managers, causing significant labor, inefficiencies and risk due to incomplete or incorrect data
- Reporting inconsistencies made it difficult for managers and supervisors to obtain accurate information for their stand-up meetings with operational personnel
- Led an evaluation of Offshore Morning Reporting systems
- Served as client lead for interfacing with vendors and developed a Request For Proposal (RFP) for submission to short-listed vendors
- Led negotiations with vendors, including Halliburton, Schlumberger and Peloton for a system for managing daily operations of wells, facilities, budgeting and planning
- Developed detailed functional and non-functional requirements
- Standardized and consistent cross-platform reporting from field operations to corporate office
- Scalable and standardized solution gave the client confidence in the functionality and performance of its morning reporting system
For More Information, please contact: Steve Foster | 720 341-5535 | Email