As investor expectations climb, challenges threaten the U.S. Energy and Mining sector, including escalating costs and increased regulatory obligations.
The development and communication of strategic initiatives are among the most complex elements of strategic planning. Executives often face difficulties reaching a common understanding and concurrence on company priorities. However, by approaching strategic planning as an ongoing process executives can better align strategic initiatives and deliver their strategies.
- A $500 million coal mining company struggled to develop strategic initiatives to meet operational and financial performance goals
- Client sought guidance and facilitation of executive-level discussions to support the development of a strategic business plan
- Utilized the strategic planning process to develop strategic initiatives through discussions with executive leadership and the Board of Directors
- Organized critical initiative planning sessions, including the administration of a pre-planning questionnaire, and advised the client on key elements of successful initiative execution
- Guided the client in the prioritization of initiatives and developed the framework for execution
- Developed a clear strategic direction for internal business operations and market- and customer-facing processes
- Executives achieved consensus and buy-in on company goals and strategic initiative prioritization
- Executives developed an understanding of initiative ownership, risks, and next steps, in addition to the operational challenges other business functions faced