Technology Management: Leveraging technology to realize process efficiencies and increase workforce productivity.
Is your IT strategy aligned to your operational strategy? Often, infrastructure and operational strategies diverge, resulting in excess IT spending, unfulfilled business requirements, and inefficient, manual processes. Developing these strategies hand-in-hand will help ensure business goals and objectives are realized as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The client, a $45M non-profit organization serving the Denver community, needed to transform the organization’s focus from fundraising to community investment and needed an infrastructure strategy to support the transition
- Lack of an IT strategy during the transition period resulted in misalignment between IT and operations, inadequate communications, and a sub-optimal IT landscape
- RAS & Associates was engaged to develop an IT strategy to improve internal communication, develop more efficient processes and improve the use of technology to support organizational goals
- Aligned project goals and objectives with the organization’s strategic vision and obtained buy-in and validation from senior leadership including the CEO & CIO
- Facilitated working sessions with all functional departments to drive out detailed future business capabilities and supporting business requirements
- Leveraged business requirements to develop an integrated operations and IT improvement strategy & roadmap
- Prioritized and executed strategic initiatives focused on improving end-user reporting capabilities and inter-department collaboration
- Established a strategic IT roadmap to support the organization’s broader objectives
- Improved visibility to systemic issues, unfulfilled business requirements, and overall IT spending
- Reduced time spent on administrative tasks, including complex back-end reporting, data entry, and data processing
For More Information, please contact: Steve Foster | 720 341-5535 | Email